A number of high profile network outages have been traced back to defective mobile applications and these occurrences can only become more common as smartphone penetration rises and new applications become available. While Amethon’s Mobile Analytics provides a number of reports specifically designed to identify and assess threats posed by mobile applications, many operators do not have the expertise or resources to constantly search for new threats.
Amethon’s Threat Identification Service provides mobile operators with an ongoing, structured managed service to identify and assess potential threats and then work with the mobile operator operations team on determining the best strategy for mitigating or minimising the threat.
How it works
Designed for existing Mobile Analytics customers, Amethon’s Threat Identification Service consists of an ongoing cycle of identification, assessment, analysis and engagement as as shown in the figure below.
- Daily reports are automatically generated and reviewed by Amethon’s experts to identify potential threats
- Identified threats are researched, assessed and categorised in terms of the potential impact on both individual subscribers and network as a whole
- A weekly summary is compiled and reviewed with operations staff to decide the best course of action to mitigate or minimise the threat
- Threats identified in other customers around the world are included in the weekly summaries to enable proactive action to be taken
- High priority threats are immediately flagged with operations staff for attention