For many mobile operators, mobile data usage is simply a trend line that is growing at an unprecedented rate rather than a phenomenon that is understood and accurately forecast.
Amethon’s Mobile Analytics allows you to break down and understand mobile data usage across a wide range of dimensions such as device brand and model, smartphone operating system and mobile application.
Report dimensions include:
- Device brand and model e.g. Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy IIS, Google Nexus 7
- Device operating system and version e.g. Android 4.1, BlackBerry 7.0, iOS 5.1, Symbian, Windows Phone 7.5
- Mobile application e.g. Browser, Facebook, Maps, Media Player, Skype
- Category e.g. Ad Network, Adult, Search, Social, Video
- Site e.g. Facebook, Google Search, Twitter, YouTube
- Content Type e.g. audio, image, video, application, web
Report metrics include:
- Data usage
- Unique subscribers
Reports can be generated with hourly and daily resolution, or an aggregate total for the nominated period
With the vast array of reports available from Mobile Analytics, operators can understand how specific subscriber behaviour drives mobile data usage.
- Marketing teams can develop more attractive and profitable data plans, and ensure that promotions are aligned with subscriber trends and behaviour.
- Engineering teams can design network capacity expansions based on actual usage and growth trends, taking into account the specific applications and services and their associated performance and usage characteristics.